The Regulation on Quality Evaluation and Control of Services rendered by Mediators at
the Mediation Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova
- The present Regulation determines the order of evaluation and the quality control of services provided by mediators at the Mediation Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova (hereinafter referred to as the Mediation Center).
The organization and conduction of the evaluation procedure and the quality control of the services provided by the mediators at the Mediation Center are carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Law no. 137-XX of 03.07.2015 on mediation (MO no. 224-233 of 21.08.2015), other laws in force of the Republic of Moldova, the international acts to which the Republic of Moldova is a party and the present Regulation.
- The Mediation Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry has the task to make a fair and objective assessment of the Mediator’s performance of its tasks, based on the discussions with the Mediators and the information coming from the questionnaires completed by the parties to the mediation process on which a mediator worked on.
- Interviewing is important for several reasons:
– It allows future parties to the mediation process to carry out an assessment of the mediator’s expertise, taking into account opinion of other parties;
– It removes certain fears and risks for the parties while electing the Mediator, allowing them to assess the competence, and to what extent the mediator would fit in one concrete case;
– It allows the Mediator to know the parties’ opinion of the process regarding effectiveness and the interpretation of the mediation process in general. It also allows the mediator to know his strengths and improve his / her professional skills;
– It allows the Mediation Center to take into account professional competencies for certain types of litigation, at the Mediators’ recommendation.
- Interviewing aims to ascertain whether the parties are satisfied with the Mediator’s competence and style, as well as to highlight the parties’ dissatisfaction.
The parties’ comments will allow:
– Providing information to future participants in mediation processes on mediator’s job;
– Mediators’ awareness on how the parties perceived the mediation process, parties’ opinion on its effectiveness and to what extent.
- At the end of each mediation session, the mediator will invite the participants to fill in a questionnaire. Annex
The questionnaire can be filled in by hand or electronically.
- It is very important for the parties to be aware of the fact that the information they communicate by filling in the questionnaire could be decisive for the choice of the mediator by other parties. It is also very important for the parties not to be influenced by the outcome of mediation, but to focus on the mediator’s performances and his / her contributions that are essential. The mediator’s task is difficult, for this reason it is important that the answers in the questionnaire be as constructive as possible.
- In addition, additional information gained from discussions with the mediator can be used to assess the quality of the services provided by the mediator. The Mediation Center will pay attention to the comments from specialized forums regarding the Mediators included in its list.
- The Secretariat of the Mediation Center will record in a separate register any telephone or e-mail notifications received from parties involved in a litigation, examined within the Mediation Center, referring to the performances of the Center’s mediators.